How an Attorney from The Dodd Law Firm, LLC, Can Assist me in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
1. Report Economic Damages: A Plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuits may pursue compensation for economic damages like lost wages, medicals bills and out of pocket expenses. As long as you send relevant receipts and invoices to our law firm, we will report all such damages on your behalf so that you can focus on getting better.
2. Evaluate Non-Economic Damages: A Plaintiff is also entitled to seek money for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment in life and emotional distress. Those damages are intangible. They are not accompanied by any documentation. An attorney at our firm will assist in quantifying your non-monetary losses.
3. Communicate with the Claims Adjuster: Our firm would correspond with the claims adjuster and advise them of lost wages, medical bills, medical treatment, medical appointments and out of pocket expenses.
4. Investigation: Our firm will conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation. This would include interviewing witnesses to the accident as well visiting as the scene. We will retain and consult the experts. Testimony from experts may help your claim. As a example, if you were injured in an automobile accident, an accident reconstruction expert can advise us as to what probably happened in the crash. If you sustained a back injury, a neurosurgeon can discuss the ways in which your injury/condition will likely affect the quality of your life in the future.
5. Prepare the case for Trial: Even though most personal injury lawsuits are settled before jury selection, there is always the chance that your case will go to trial. If this were to happen, our firm will be prepared to try the case.