Personal Injury Law in Middletown, CT
When you’re injured through no fault of your own, it seems incredibly unfair that you’re left with stacks of medical bills, an unexpected loss of income, and the work that comes with healing from injuries. What about the person or party who caused your injuries?
You have options if your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence. With a personal injury claim, you can prove the other party’s role in your injuries and demand fair compensation. The Dodd Law Firm is ready to help—we’re committed to helping victims pursue the compensation they are owed. Call our firm at 475-275-8649 to set up a consultation right away.
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Connecticut
At the Dodd Law Firm, we assist clients in many different areas of personal injury law. Some of the cases we take include:
- Vehicle accidents: Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents are a common sight on Connecticut roads. We’ll help you seek compensation from the liable party.
- Pedestrian accidents: When drivers aren’t cautious, pedestrians often pay the price. Our team has helped injured pedestrians hold negligent drivers accountable.
- Slip and fall injuries: Whether you fall on a business’s property, someone’s residential property, or government property, you may have a claim if they failed to keep the area in a reasonably safe condition.
- Dog bites: In Connecticut, dog owners are responsible for keeping their dogs from biting or attacking other people. When they don’t, they can be held liable for the damage they cause.
- Defective products: Poorly designed, produced, or marketed products can cause serious or fatal injuries. We strive to help injured consumers get justice.
Every state has its own personal injury laws, and it’s essential that you know what is required of you in Connecticut before you file a claim. In Connecticut, victims have two years from the date of injury to file a claim against the liable party. If your claim is against a government entity, you must tell the city or county within six months. You must also notify the State Claims Commissioner within one year of the injury.
The state of Connecticut has a modified comparative fault rule. This means that you can still receive compensation if you are partially at fault for the accident. However, the amount of compensation you receive will be decreased in proportion to your share of fault.
Another important personal injury law focuses on dog bites. In some states, dog owners are not liable for their dog’s first bite if they had no reason to believe the dog was aggressive. However, they are liable for subsequent bites. Connecticut is not one of these states—here, owners are liable for every time their dog bites someone.
Types of Compensation for Middletown, CT Personal Injury Claims
When you meet with your personal injury lawyer, we’ll go over your injuries and the details of your accident. Using that information, we will explain how much your injury is worth and how much compensation you may receive. This often includes damages for:
- Medical expenses, including current bills, travel expenses, medications, physical therapy, adaptive equipment, and healthcare supplies
- Lost wages and lost future income if you are left permanently unable to work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Mental anguish
How a Middletown Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Working with the Dodd Law Firm can help you feel confident as you seek compensation for your injury. Negotiating with the insurance company on your own is an exercise in frustration.
Insurance companies spend a lot of time and money learning how best to keep victims from receiving the compensation they owe. They are experts in denying claims, downplaying injuries, and pushing blame off to other people. If you try to fight them with logic and facts, you will end up in a far worse position than you ever anticipated.
On the other hand, working with the Dodd Law Firm allows you to avoid direct contact with the insurance company. You don’t risk saying anything to hurt your claim, and you entrust your claim to those who know exactly what it takes to hold the insurance company accountable.
You get more time to recover from your injuries, knowing that you have an attorney fighting aggressively on your behalf. From investigating your accident and injuries to negotiating with the insurance company or taking your case to court, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Reach Out to the Dodd Law Firm Now
Contact our firm now to find out how we can help you and what comes next for your personal injury claim. Call us at 475-275-8649 or reach out online to get started.