Norwalk Personal Injury Lawyers
Accidents occur when you least expect them, leaving you to deal with the aftermath. Injuries, loss of property, loss of income, and mental trauma are expected outcomes after any accident. Whether you’ve been involved in a truck crash, a slip and fall, or another type of accident, it’s crucial to explore your legal options before you sign anything.
Working with the team of personal injury lawyers at the Dodd Law Firm can help you fight for the compensation and justice you deserve. Let us guide you through your Norwalk personal injury claim. Call us at 203-272-1883 to get started.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At the Dodd Law Firm, we tackle a wide variety of personal injury cases. Some of the most common types of cases we accept are:
- Car accidents: Whether you’re injured while driving, riding a bike, walking, or just traveling as a passenger, know that car crashes are one of the most common sources of personal injury claims. Drivers are careless and no amount of technology can prevent human error. If a negligent driver causes you harm, we can help.
- Slip-and-fall injuries: Poorly maintained homes, stores, restaurants, and other places of business cause a significant number of injuries in Norwalk every single year. Let’s talk if you’ve fallen because of a wet floor, uneven staircase, or icy walkway.
- Dog bites: No matter how friendly a dog may be, every single dog has the capacity to attack. You could be entitled to compensation if you’ve been bitten by a free-roaming aggressive dog or a neighbor’s pet.
- Defective products: Products are supposed to hit a certain safety threshold before entering the market. A surprising number of companies ignore these requirements in a rush to get products to market and start bringing in money more quickly. This leads to preventable injuries and deaths. We’re here to talk if you or someone you love has been affected.
The Personal Injury Claim Process
Pursuing compensation can be much less stressful if you know what to expect from the personal injury claim process. The general process includes:
- An initial consultation: During your initial consultation, our goal is to learn more about your accident, how you were injured, and how those injuries have affected you.
- Investigating your injuries: As we investigate the accident and learn more about your injuries, we’ll focus on gathering evidence we can use to negotiate a fair and full settlement on your behalf.
- Building a case: We’ll use a variety of evidence to build a multifaceted claim against the other party. We will refer to accident photos and videos, medical reports, eyewitness reports, and more.
- Negotiating with the liable party: Our next step is to take our case to the insurance company. Through aggressive negotiating, we hope to secure a fair settlement for you. Most cases do end in a settlement rather than proceeding to litigation.
- Taking your case to court: In some situations, compromise is impossible. We will prepare to litigate if the other side refuses to offer you what you deserve.
Compensation for Your Losses
No matter which type of personal injury case you have, you could be entitled to significant compensation if you can prove that your injuries result from another party’s negligence. A lot depends on how strong your evidence is and how much proof you have of your injuries. Victims may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses: This includes your medical bills, but beyond that, you may receive compensation for travel costs to and from appointments, over-the-counter supplies, and prescriptions. You may also receive money to cover future medical care expenses if you suffer severe injuries.
- Lost wages: Any loss of income can devastate a family, so you should receive compensation for it. Those who are catastrophically injured and will never be able to return to work may also be compensated for lost future income.
- Pain and suffering: Nothing can take away the pain you went through after your accident, but compensation may allow you to start working toward a new sense of normalcy. The amount you receive for payment depends mainly on the severity of your injuries and how much they affect your daily life.
- Property damage: If your personal property was damaged or destroyed in your accident, the other party may be required to compensate you.
How the Dodd Law Firm Can Help
You may wonder why you need an attorney for a personal injury claim in Norwalk. The fact is that insurance companies will try to take advantage of you after an injury, no matter how sad your story is or how apparent their client’s negligence is.
They aim to pay you as little as possible in exchange for protection from a lawsuit—and that’s it. They will go to great lengths to offer you the least they can. Tactics include convincing you that you are the at-fault party, uncovering pre-existing injuries they can blame your current injuries on, and bullying you into accepting a settlement.
We’re here to protect you from this treatment and give you a real chance at fair compensation. Your injuries have already cost you so much—don’t let the insurance company talk you into taking their first lowball offer. We know what it takes to push the insurance company hard enough to settle and when to litigate. Our extensive analysis of your evidence gives us the insight needed to build a rock-solid case that proves the other party’s liability and how you have suffered.
Call Us Today to Set Up Your Free Consultation
When an injury has sidelined you, having the right legal team by your side is essential. That is where the Dodd Law Firm steps in. You can rely on our aggressive and experienced representation as you focus on recovery. Before you talk to the other party’s insurance company, reach out to us to find out more about your legal options and next steps. Call us at 203-272-1883 or message us online to schedule a consultation now.