Car Accident Lawyers in Waterbury, CT
Waterbury, CT is the location of a major intersection – that is interstate 84 and rt. 8. Not only is this a major source of congestion and confusion for many local drivers, but many intersections in town are as well, including Meadow St and Main St.
We’re here to help you during this stressful time. Getting the right support after a crash can make a huge difference. Call The Dodd Law Firm at 203-272-1883 to schedule a consultation right now.
Connecticut Car Accident Statistics
The only potential good that could come from a car accident in Waterbury is that we have more physicians per capita than the national average, which means whether you were treated at Waterbury Hospital or Saint Mary’s Hospital, you likely didn’t have to wait as long as people in other parts of the country to be seen by a doctor.
Types of Car Accidents—and What Causes Them
There are several types of car accidents that you may experience as a Connecticut driver, and they vary in severity. Some commonly reported types of crashes include:
- Rear-end crashes. These are perhaps the most common type of car accident, and they are often the least severe. While they can be severe in some situations, many are lucky to walk away with minor or no injuries.
- T-bone collisions. T-bone crashes are often linked to severe or fatal injuries. They tend to happen at high speeds when drivers run red lights, fail to stop when exiting parking lots, or otherwise skip basic precautions.
- Rollovers may occur as the result of T-bone accidents, or they may be the result of high speeds and top-heavy cars. Either way, they are likely to cause significant injuries to the occupants of the vehicle.
- Head-on accidents. Head-on accidents have a high chance of causing fatal or catastrophic injuries. They often occur because one party is driving the wrong way, either due to fatigue, impairment, or inexperience. Since the wrong-way driver generally doesn’t realize their error and the other driver does not have a chance to move, these accidents often occur at full speed.
- Sideswipe accidents. Often the result of improper lane changes or turns, sideswipe accidents are not always severe. In many cases, the driver at fault realizes their error and moves out of the way before causing significant damage.
While road errors, vehicle malfunctions, and unclear signage can cause crashes, they are not the most common causes of accidents. In fact, driver error is the most common cause of car accidents. Because of this, some of the most common car accident triggers include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to yield right of way
- Not checking before changing lanes or turning
- Ignoring or not seeing signs or traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while impaired
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving recklessly
What You Need to Know About Car Accident Laws in Connecticut
Personal injury laws vary from state to state, so you must know local statutes when filing a personal injury claim. Like many other states, Connecticut has a two-year statute of limitation for personal injury claims. This includes car accident cases.
Connecticut also follows the comparative fault rule. This is applicable in cases where drivers share blame for the accident. If you are awarded damages, your award will be reduced proportionately to your share of fault.
Are You Entitled to Compensation?
If there’s evidence that another party’s negligence led to your car accident and caused you measurable losses, it’s likely that you are owed compensation. Types of compensation often awarded in car accident claims include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning opportunities
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
There’s no cut-and-dry answer regarding how much your case is worth. You need to talk to a personal injury lawyer in Waterbury, CT to get a better understanding of the value of your claim.
How The Dodd Law Firm Can Help You
The team at The Dodd Law Firm has handled numerous car accident claims over the years. We know how unsafe Connecticut roads can be. Our experience has given us the chance to spar with all of the major insurance companies in the area, so we know what they do to drive down victims’ settlement offers and how they take advantage of car accident victims. Even more important, we know what it takes to force their hand and bring them to the negotiating table.
Through an extensive investigation of your crash, time spent building a strong case, and an analysis of your injuries, we’ll fight to get you the compensation you’re due. While most claims are settled out of court, we are more than ready to go to court if the insurance company does not play fair when it comes to a settlement. As you recover, you can feel confident that you have a dedicated and knowledgeable attorney fighting for you.
Contact Us Now—We’re Waiting to Talk to You
We’re here for you during this challenging time, and we’re ready to talk about your accident and the next steps. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start representing you in your fight for compensation. Just reach out online or call The Dodd Law Firm team at 203-272-1883 to get started.