Waterbury Personal Injury Lawyers
Being injured because of someone else’s negligence in Waterbury can be frightening, and frustrating. Your life is on hold, and the bills are piling up. Indeed perhaps the only silver lining is that Waterbury has more physicians per capita than the national average, so you likely won’t have to wait as long to be treated at Waterbury Hospital or Saint Mary’s Hospital.
At The Dodd Law Firm, we take an aggressive stance while representing our personal injury clients. Injury clients are often mistreated and misled by insurance companies, and we’re determined to protect our clients from the tricks used by insurance adjusters. Schedule your consultation now by calling us at 203-272-1883.
We Handle a Wide Range of Personal Injury Claims
The team at The Dodd Law Firm boasts extensive experience in personal injury, and our track record of successful case outcomes could be a huge advantage in your claim. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Vehicle accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents, as well as other premises liability claims
- Defective products
- Dog bites
Regardless of which type of personal injury claim you have, it will be important to prove liability and damages—without that, you have little chance of recovering compensation from the liable party. Our team works hard to prove the facts of your case, tie them to the other party’s negligent actions, and demonstrate that their actions led directly to your injuries.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Waterbury, CT
Some personal injury victims wonder if they really need an attorney. To them, it’s obvious that they’re seriously injured and that another party is responsible for it—with such a clear-cut case, why wouldn’t the insurance company offer a fair settlement to make the possibility of legal issues go away?
Simply put, insurance companies will always try their luck when it comes to paying out as little as possible. Even if your case is truly cut and dry, and there’s no way to pin the blame on you, you can expect the other party’s insurance adjuster to try.
You might be wondering what it takes to make an insurance adjuster negotiate fairly and in a way that actually accounts for your injuries. That step is easy: you bring in a Waterbury, CT personal injury lawyer. Lawyers with experience in personal injury know exactly which tactics insurance adjusters use to weaken victims’ claims, and they protect their clients from making mistakes that adjusters can use against them. They delve into the evidence that matters most to insurance adjusters and use it to build a claim that supports you.
At The Dodd Law Firm, we approach every single case with the same dedication and focus. Your injuries have disrupted your life and have potentially left you with financial uncertainty, job instability, and lingering pain. You deserve to be compensated for those losses, and we’re here to fight on your behalf.
Getting the Compensation that You Deserve
Successful personal injury claims result in either a settlement or a court-awarded payment. To start, you’ll need to file your case in time. In Connecticut, there is a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases.
Your attorney’s job is to build a claim that the insurance company cannot discredit, ignore, or delay. This may result in a settlement that offers compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including bills, copays, prescription costs, and travel expenses to and from appointments
- Lost wages
- In some cases, future medical expenses and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
In general, you want to provide as much evidence as possible. Your attorney from The Dodd Law Firm will help you with the evidence you need for your specific claim.
Steps to Take After a Personal Injury
From the moment of your accident, you have to take steps to protect your health and your legal options. The general steps we recommend for personal injury victims include:
- Notify the necessary authorities.
- Take note of any injuries or property damage. You’ll want to report these to your attorney and, if applicable, the police.
- If necessary, get contact information.
- Gather time-sensitive evidence. For some types of claims, evidence starts disappearing as soon as the accident is over.
- Seek medical attention. There are several medical facilities in Waterbury, including Waterbury Hospital, Saint Mary’s Hospital, and DOCS Urgent Care. You need documentation and treatment as soon as possible.
- Reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Waterbury, CT. Before you even talk to the other party’s insurance provider, connect with an attorney so they can start building your claim and talking to the insurance company on your behalf.
Reach out to The Dodd Law Firm Now to Discuss Your Case
If you’re ready to get started on your personal injury claim, The Dodd Law Firm is ready to talk to you and help you understand your options. Set up a consultation now by giving us a call at 203-272-1883 or contacting us online.