Stamford Car Accident Law
No matter how safely you drive or how many precautions you take, the risk of a car accident is always there. Several major highways run through Stamford, including I-95 and Connecticut Route 15. However, crashes are also prevalent in the city’s many established neighborhoods, including Ridgeway, Glenbrook, and North Stamford.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. It is crucial to meet with a car accident lawyer in Stamford as soon as possible to learn more about your options. The team at The Dodd Law Firm helps victims like you fight for justice—call us at 475-275-8649 to set up a consultation now.
How Dangerous Are Connecticut Roads?
Unfortunately, data shows that Connecticut roads are more dangerous than they’ve ever been. CT Mirror reports that car crashes have steadily increased since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, despite the fact that there were dramatically fewer cars on the road in the early days. Although there were fewer miles driven in 2020, traffic fatalities increased by 21% from 2019.
One of the biggest factors present in many Connecticut crashes is reckless driving. At the start of the pandemic, there were fewer people driving—so those who were driving had the opportunity to go faster. Those habits didn’t go away once traffic started picking back up.
Another alarming factor has made the roads more dangerous—police departments across the state have dealt with severe staffing shortages. There are fewer patrol officers on the road and fewer tickets being handed out, making it harder to hold dangerous drivers accountable.
Common Causes of Stamford Car Crashes
As discussed earlier, reckless driving is a growing problem in Connecticut. Similarly, impaired driving is becoming more prevalent in this area. Statistics from 2020 showed an uptick in impaired driving and related fatalities, and experts expect numbers from subsequent years to follow the same trend. Other common causes of collisions include:
- Distracted driving: This is perhaps one of the greatest dangers on American roads today. It is easier than ever for drivers to distract themselves when their attention should be on the road. Whether drivers are manually, visually, or cognitively distracted, they increase the likelihood of a crash.
- Drowsy driving: Well-rested drivers are safer drivers. Even a slight decrease in sleep quality and amount can make accidents more likely. Drivers who are fatigued struggle to stay awake while driving, make quick decisions and react appropriately to obstacles.
- Weather conditions: Connecticut has its share of inclement weather. When you combine poor weather with driver errors, accidents are inevitable.
- Road conditions: When municipalities fail to maintain roads properly or use unclear signage, it’s harder for drivers to stay safe. For example, it’s common for stop signs to become covered by overgrown trees and bushes. As a result, drivers are involved in avoidable crashes.
Types of Compensation
Victims of car accidents can request various types of compensation from the liable driver’s insurance company. Settlements often include compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Ambulance transportation, trips to and from appointments, surgical bills, prescription medications, and follow-up appointments add up quickly. You should be compensated for all of the expenses you incur as a result of your accident.
- Lost wages: Unexpected time away from work can be incredibly stressful for families. Even if you have vacation time or sick pay, you deserve to use that time when you choose—not because of someone else’s carelessness. Talk to your lawyer about recovering lost wages in a personal injury claim.
- Property damage: Whether your car was just damaged or completely totaled, you may be able to get reimbursed for repair costs or the cost of a replacement vehicle.
- Pain and suffering: It’s hard to put a price tag on the pain and suffering you go through after an accident. In general, the more severe your injuries are, the more you receive for your pain and suffering.
- Disability and disfigurement: If your injuries leave you disfigured or disabled, your life will change forever. You deserve substantial compensation for that loss.
Yes, You Need a Lawyer—Here’s Why
The aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming. As you learn about your injuries, discuss time off with your employer, and figure out what to do with your car, you realize you also have to make a choice regarding your legal options. The other party’s insurance company is all too ready to offer you a pitiful settlement. A lot of victims accept this first settlement offer, not knowing that they are likely entitled to much more.
We want to help you fight for every dollar you deserve. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, why should you be forced to take what the insurance company is willing to throw at you? Our team knows every trick that insurance companies use to drive down a victim’s injury settlement, and we know what it takes to fight back against those tricks.
By thoroughly investigating your accident and building up a strong case, we’ll put the insurance company in a position where they must seriously negotiate. The majority of car accident claims are settled out of court, which allows you to get your money more quickly and avoid the additional stress of a lawsuit. If they aren’t ready to negotiate fairly, we won’t buckle. We’ll file a lawsuit and focus on fighting for you in the courtroom.
You have enough on your to-do list right now. Don’t let your financial compensation fall by the wayside as you deal with the other aspects of your car accident. Choose the team at The Dodd Law Firm and get the representation you deserve.
Start Your Claim with the Team at The Dodd Law Firm
The Dodd Law Firm is ready to advocate for you as you demand the compensation you are owed. Take the first step right now by contacting us for your free consultation. Just call us at 475-275-8649 or send us a message online to have a team member reach out to yo